Here are some ideas that you can use to change your eating habits. Most people want to eat healthy, but old eating habits are hard to break. So, try these ideas. Also are listed some of the foods you should try to get healthier.
Because all of us have been brought up eating junk food, well most of us anyway, it is not easy to change our eating habits. Your eating habits have developed since childhood. This from what your mothers or fathers cooked. Your psychological make-up during that time makes a difference.
This post may contain affiliate links to products I trust. This means if you make a purchase using the links below, I may receive a small commission but there is no extra cost to you.
Foods You Eat and Crave
The foods you eat and crave help keep pass trauma and present anxiety in check. You’ve heard of “comfort food”? Food helps make you feel good when you are feeling bad. Eating is a natural defense mechanism. The brain uses it to keep you from going crazy.
So, you see, it is very difficult to change our eating habits. When we do, we start to feel bad. We start to feel uncomfortable. We feel pain. We have withdrawal symptoms, and we may feel sick. Is it any wonder why we ever succeed in changing our eating habits? But these really are good things happening. Your body is detoxing all the junk.
Pretty much everything that has been packaged is junk food. There are a few exceptions. But you need to read ingredient labels carefully. When I started reading those labels, I couldn’t believe my eyes. Very few food manufacturers and even restaurants prepare food with your health in mind. Of course, they want to satisfy you, but they don’t use foods that are healthy for you.
Most people eat junk food 85% of the time and then eat good food the other 15%. It should be the reverse of this – eat good food 85% and junk food 15% of the time.
Better Health and Strong Immune System
To have better health and a stronger immune system, here are some foods to stop eating. Eliminate these foods over the next two to three weeks. You will be amazed at how good you feel.
- Milk (non-fat or no-fat also) – is a mucus and acid forming food. Milk creates mucus in the body and makes your body acidic. Which attracts parasites and other pathogens. In the place of milk use almond milk or goat’s milk.
- Cancer thrives in a body that is acidic.
- Bread – white bread is also acid and mucus forming. It is more difficult to pass through the colon and gives rise to constipation.
Sugar is the #1 food additive. Sugar is in most of all the products that you buy.
- Sodas (regular or diet)- are extremely high in sugar or artificial sugar – 7 teaspoons per can. Most people drink over 35 gallons per year.
- In addition, sodas are in aluminum cans. The aluminum seeps into the soda. Why? Because most sodas contain phosphoric acid. Aluminum has been associated with senility and Alzheimer disease.
- Calcium is also taken from your body. It is trying to neutralize the phosphoric acid. It’s actually healthier to drink juices of all kinds.
- Sugar is a body poison and leads to many diseases – diabetes, obesity, tooth decay and osteoarthritis and so many more.
- Sugar, also, depletes B-vitamins, calcium and magnesium from your bones and teeth.
There is just no way around it. Sodas suck health right out of your body.
Good Salt Bad Salt
- Regular salt (sodium chloride) – excessive salt intake is related to many health issues – high blood pressure, edema, and imbalances in the minerals in your body.
- The sodium in salt attracts water. So, the more salt you eat the more water your body will hold. Use sea salt for a better eating habit. It has 25% less sodium. You can use low salt soy sauce, and herbs to flavor your food.
- Excess salt is also involved with kidney problems, cardiovascular disease, stomach cancer, and excess sensitivity to stress.
Most people eat too much salt – over 10,000 milligrams per day. We only need around 200-300 mg per day.
Sodium from Veggies
Get your salt from eating vegetables that are high in sodium. When you get your salt from vegetables, it is organic salt. Organic salt does not have the same effect in your body as salt from a shaker. This helps with better eating habits.
You need a lot of organic salt or sodium in your body. Your stomach is a sodium organ. It needs organic salt, sodium, to keep its lining from an ulcer. The hydrochloric acid in your stomach eats the lining.
Foods high in organic sodium are apples, apricots, asparagus, greens, red cabbage, carrots, celery, egg yolks, figs, fish, raisins, prunes, and lentils.
For the next two weeks try adding the following foods to your eating habits.
- Lecithin – is 30-40% choline, which is used throughout your body. This is why you want to include it in your diet.
- Choline is one of the main chemicals in our cell membrane.
- Choline is used in our brains to create the neurotransmitter, acytlcholine. This is required for thinking and memory.
- Consider lecithin brain food.
- Lecithin is used by the liver too. It helps to prevent a fatty liver. A fatty liver prevents you from losing weight around your belly.
- Lecithin helps to break up fats into tiny goblets. Fats are then easily digested and will reduce your cholesterol.
- Lecithin helps to keep cholesterol from clinging to your artery walls.
- Flax seed oil – is an essential oil, omega 3. Your body does not make omega 3. But it is necessary so you can live without illness or pain.
- Flax seed oil helps to detoxify the liver.
- Falx seed oil stimulates the production of bile. Bile helps to breakdown fat. That helps the liver metabolize the fat better.
- Flax seed oil stimulates the body to burn fat.
- Apples and Apple juice – are high in vitamin A and Potassium. They have other minerals that strengthen the blood too.
- Apples contain malic and tartaric acids. These keep the liver healthy and promote good digestion.
- Apples help you to lose weight by providing fiber and keeps you from constipation.
- Fiber reduces foods staying in the colon longer than is healthy.
- Fiber helps eliminate constipation. This keeps your colon clean. It helps reduce cholesterol and removes toxins from your body.
You need 30-35 grams of fiber every day. Most people only get up to 10-15 grams daily.
If you just can’t seem to get the fiber in you need, there are supplements. The one I recommend is Fibrestore. This has 10 grams of soluble and insoluble fiber with each serving.
There you have it. If you can accomplish these changes in your eating habits, in one year, you will notice a big difference in the way you feel and your health. Eating healthy keeps you from getting most illnesses.
I would ask if you would please share this blog. Someone may be struggling with their health and need a boost.
Just comment below with your questions.
To Your Success,
It is the law that I inform you that I might receive compensation when the products featured herein are purchased. But for the most part, it’s me, Deb, just trying to help you.